Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Workout: March 10th

Today's workout went exceedingly great. I hit the track with Justin, Greg, Boj, James, and I'm sorry I don't remember his name but Justin's Dad was there as well. I'm not to sure what Boj, James and Justin's Dad did, however Justin, Greg, and myself did a new type of workout that we had yet to try. The idea was to do a pyramid of 400/800/1200/1600/1200/800/400 at 5k pace with half the time of the interval for rest. So after a 70 second Quarter we would take 35 sec of rest. Needless to say I was in for it but I like testing my aerobic fitness and strength while I'm in between seasons. Here are the details for me (Justin was a little faster and Greg stayed around 4:40 pace for everything)
69
2:18
3:27
4:40
3:28
2:14
60 (Greg was around 64? maybe)
This is a huge workout for me. It definitely jumped started my motivation for Spring Track. Training with these guys is so beneficial for me and I'm sure it is for them as well. We help each other with our weaknesses, which is awesome. I was able to get through this workout and I am considering it one of the toughest workouts I have done. I can't wait to watch all the Keenyans race next week at the New Bedford Half.

1 comment: